Skip to main content

Bill Title

Educator Licensure for Military Spouses:


Military Spouse Teacher Certification (Flexibility, Temporary)
Passed 11/04/2020


A military spouse who holds a valid comparable license from another state and has worked under it for three years can qualify for a temporary license. A temporary license is valid for one year of employment. This enables out-of-state applicants to seek and obtain employment in the Commonwealth while they work to take and pass all required tests. Massachusetts offers further flexibility for military spouses who could qualify for an initial license through the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification Interstate Agreement, which is valid for five years of employment from the date of issuance.


Request More Information